By Grace Tierney
I hope you are all keeping well. Stay safe and keep washing those hands.
Huge congratulations to seven year old Phoebe who took up running with her dad Barry during the lockdown. She has now completed a marathon (yes, really) during June in aid of Balbriggan Cancer Support and raised over €2000 for them. She’s an amazing girl and the whole village is proud of her.
Hopefully by the time you read this we’ll have moved into the next phase of loosening the lockdown.A widely lamented effect of staying at home has been the lack of hair-cuts so here’s the latest news on the scissor front. Mirror Mirror will be open for pre-booked appointments only. Call or text 087-4028334 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll get back to you. You’re Gorgeous will also be working by advance appointment only with a deposit system, extended opening, and careful rules to keep their customers safe. Full details are available on their website https://www.ygh.ie/booking-policy/ or you can call them on 01-849744.
Mick the Barber, who had only just opened before the lockdown, will be back with his clippers from 8.30a.m. on Monday the 29th much to the relief of the men in the village. His service will still be walk-in but with no more than four customers inside at the same time and contact details will needed in case of tracing being required later.
Are you interested in working locally? Hanley Energy, whose head office is in the City North business park, are currently recruiting for a number of specialist roles. See more at https://www.hanleyenergy.com/about/working-with-us/. The Talbot Group who are based at Redwood, Stamullen also have a variety of roles available https://www.talbotgroup.ie/current-vacancies.
One of the best benefits to living in Stamullen is, in my opinion, the strawberries. Clarke’s farm are running a ring & collect service from their farm shop in Clinstown. Ring 086-0606412 and you can collect Mon-Fri 9:30-4:30 or Weekends and Bank Holidays 9:30-12:30 in the morning.
Very interesting to read recently that up to mid-June there had been 13 confirmed cases in our village. I hope all have recovered safely. If you enjoy stats check out https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/.
Useful Services for Supplies / Advice
- The Meath County Community Response Team – freephone 1800 808 809, email email@example.com.
- The Stamullen CA Volunteer Group – 087-6355519, firstname.lastname@example.org
- O’Connor’s Pharmacy 01-8418018
- Centra’s Tick & Collect – https://www.facebook.com/dunnescentrastamullen, 01-8834202
- Meath Partnership Employment Support Coaches 085-834 2378, 089-4366800, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fr. Declan Kelly’s online masses are available at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaC1cpFBS-qQ8JGKYPvkOw. If you’d like to have an anniversary mass offered on the Sunday on Youtube, or daily, please contact 01-8412647. Weekend masses in the church will resume on the 11th of July with volunteer ushers. Details still being finalised.
Got Stamullen news? Send it to Grace (087-9074145) or email@example.com