Scoil an Spioraid Naoimh Laytown
A collective sigh of relief will be breathed by all Staff when we open the doors of the school on the 7th of September. We are looking forward to re-opening the school and welcoming back all 482 pupils. The last few months have been a time of incredible solidarity, a time when a sense of community has come to the fore. I have witnessed at first hand the extraordinary work of the Staff, Board of Management, the COVID-19 Committee and the Parents Association collaborating to ensure the safe opening of the school. We have seen innovation, cooperation, volunteerism, charity and kindness on an enormous scale.
It has been a mammoth task however underpinning it all has been each person playing their part and striving to achieve a safe and positive school environment with very limited resources. After months of preparation and hard work we are progressing very well. The Removal Company has removed all our resources and surplus furniture as we now set up the classrooms in compliance with the social distancing requirements. An intensive deep cleaning this week will see the school restored to a new “normal” with signage for a one way system.
At the centre of the school community are our pupils. The Staff have been preparing for a smooth transition by putting in place a comprehensive Well Being program. We continue to adhere to the general restrictions and advice around COVID.
“It always seems impossible until it is done” Nelson Mandela
Re-opening the School on Monday 7th September 2020
The school will open gradually on Monday the 7th of September as outlined below.
1. Monday 7th of September, we welcome the 3rd classes to school from 9:05 – 12
2. Monday 7th of September, we welcome the 4th classes from 12:30 to 3 pm.
3. Tuesday 8th of September, we welcome the 5th classes at 9:05 to 12.
4. Tuesday 8th of September, 6th classes 12:30 to 3.
5. ASD classes: 10 – 12 Monday 7th & Tuesday 8th, Wednesday 9th, ASD classes will arrive at their new staggered time 9:35
6. Wednesday 9th all classes will attend school for the full day, arriving at the appointed times and leaving at the appointed dismissal times.
These times will ensure full compliance with the social distancing requirements as recommended in the Department guidelines.
Tuesday 1st – Friday 4th: each class will be online for 30 minutes daily at the discretion of the Teacher’s time.
The Staff have been working extraordinarily hard to prepare for the presentation for the Information evening at 7 pm.
A word of welcome to all our new families and looking forward to re-connecting with the school community next week.
Thank you for your ongoing support and positivity.